Although not on the highly alkaline side of things this breakfast drink really hits the mark for taste, speed and energy for me. Having already made the Almond Milk this is really quick to whizz up to get you going in a morning.
Take 1/3 of the almond milk, about 1/2 pint and put into your blender with a large handful of strawberries, hulled and roughly sliced. Add a scoop of TNT and blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
Note: just click on the TNT link above to be taken directly to our website to buy. Here’s what the makers have to say about the product:
Are you getting enough? Fibre is an important part of a healthy diet, but it’s not always easy to obtain as much daily fibre as you need. Just one scoop of TNT a day helps to boost your daily vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein intake, in a delicious orange flavoured drink. This ‘family favourite’ supplement is available only from Nature’s Sunshine.
BENEFITS OF TNT
- 18 different sources of soluble and insoluble fibre
- 12 vitamins and 11 minerals essential for healthy growth and good health
- Contains Vitamin C to help protect against free radical damage, maintain the normal functioning of the immune system and nervous system, and normal collagen formation. Increases iron absorption and contributes towards a reduction in tiredness and fatigue
- Antioxidants – contains beta-carotene, lycopene and other carotenoids
- Has a great orange taste that the whole family can enjoy
- Contains no added sugar
Tip: Once you have poured your drink into a glass put a drop of washing up liquid into the blender jug and 1/4 fill with warm water, blend to clean then rinse with water under the tap. It saves work and stops you putting yourself off making smoothies in the future.